Quick-fire Q&A - Paul Harcourt
29th October 2019
This week we’re talking to Paul Harcourt, our Group Engineering Manager. He set up Sheffield’s Engineering department over 20 years ago meaning he’s done just about every part of the job. Now, he mainly focusses on business development by supporting the team to fill roles and keeping an overview of what’s happening in-branch.
1. What was your first ever job?
I used to be an apprentice-trained Machinist/Fitter at Firth Brown (now Sheffield Forgemasters )
2. How long have you been in recruitment?
About 34 years…
3. What's your favourite thing about the industry?
Making sales and meeting new people!
4. ...and what your least favourite thing?
People with bad manners and attitudes.
5. What made you want to join Dutton Recruitment?
I used to work with Matt Davison (now CEO of Portland Investment Group) at another agency. I was presented with a great opportunity to build the department and I simply couldn’t refuse.
6. What's something you can't live without at work?
7. Tea or Coffee?
Tea, without a doubt.
8. What’s your favourite thing to do outside of work?
Playing electric guitar, going to the gym, watching the football, oh, and drinking more tea!
9. What is your main goal at Dutton Recruitment?
To continue growing a happy, successful department and make as much money as possible for my family!
10. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why?
It would have to be Canada again, the scenery was breath-taking and everyone is very chilled.
To find out more about his role within Dutton Recruitment and how he can help you and your business email - Paul.Harcourt@duttonrecruitment.com.